Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than over a a delicious Margarita.
Check out this recipe from White On Rice…I
Note how the cocktail smells before you shake it. Soon you’ll recognize the scent of a well made margarita and will be able to make up a batch of them sole by scent.
- 1 1/2 oz Resposada or Anejo Tequila
- 1 1/2 oz fresh Lime Juice
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes Orange Bitters
- kosher salt or sea salt for the rim
- Rub the rim of an old fashioned glass (or whatever glass you prefer) with an edge of a lime slice. Swirl the rim through a small pile of kosher or sea salt to salt the rim. Add one or two large cubes into the glass.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and bitters in an ice filled shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds, then strain into the salted glass. Serve or drink immediately and with leisure.
*a basic simple syrup is simply a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water. One cup sugar dissolved in one cup of water. This can always be modified for preferred taste and experimentation, but this is a good starting point.
Posted: Friday, May 4th, 2012